Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! What a wonderful and crazy time of the year. It's 84 degrees one day then snowing 4 days later. I love the fall. I love the leaves changing colors and the crispness in air, except when people are burning leaves. There's so much happening this time of the year from football games, road races, haunted houses, bonfires (no leaves please), apple cider, and so much more. I took Momma to see the Halloween jack O'lantern spectacular last night at Iroquois Park in Louisville. It was such a neat sight to see. There was over 5,000 carved and lit pumpkins lining a quarter mile trail complete with sound effects and props like a castle and an old western town. We had a great time once the initial crowd thinned out. Here's just a few shots from last night. 





Dad entered a pumpkin in a contest out at work this week...he won "most creative"! He's so proud of his "Carriage" that he worked on. We know Momma had a hand in it, but Dad worked on it too and got the wheels on it and lit properly. They swiped my old Barbie horse to add to the design and that's a little mouse in the doorway. Way to go Dad!!

Since we don't have any kiddos to dress up I resorted to torturing my kitties. I wonder what they were saying to each other. As adorable as they look they strongly dislike clothes. Baxter even fit into the sweater this year! He wasn't thrilled much either.

 Since I'm getting back on track with eating healthy and all the Halloween candy sitting around everywhere,  I thought I'd share these recipes for Shakeology. I've had several people ask me about this in the last 3 weeks. It's not a protein shake (it does have protein in it) it's dense nutrition. I drink it for breakfast usually, but I will have it as a snack sometimes when training volumes increase. I've don't crave sweets and junk food like I used to because my body is getting the nutrition it wants and needs. It's crazy how much whole foods you would have to eat to get the same nutrition in one glass. The biggest difference I notice is I don't get sick like I used to anymore. If you're interested in learning more about this visit my Beachbody page at www.teambeachbody.com/topgunjen. I may host a "Shakeology bar" at my house sometime so people can come and sample it and try it different ways. I didn't like it at first, but once I figured out how to mix it I LOVE IT! Salted Caramel is my new favorite flavor and it isn't listed below so here's the recipe for that one.

1 scoop chocolate Shakeology
1 c unsweetened almond milk (or whatever base you like)
1 tsp caramel extract
7-8 cubes ice (whatever you like)
few cranks sea salt then blend.

Speaking of blending what do you use to make smoothies? I have a Magic Bullet and it works pretty well, but I have ice cubes from an ice tray and it has a hard time chewing those up. It's also VERY LOUD!! I guess the sound is amplified since I'm in the back bathroom with the door shut blending at 5:30 am trying to be quiet so Nathan can sleep. Any better suggestions?



Have a fun and safe Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment