Sunday, August 23, 2015

Happy Sunday


I usually say "happy Friday" to people I meet when I'm out and about on my day off (usually Friday's). However, this week I had a working interview/subbed for an office in New Albany. It was a whirl wind, long, overwhelming, and stressful day. By the time I got home it took almost four hours to calm down and stop the outbursts of tears and kindly let my wonderful friends know I don't want to talk right now. It was that bad. 

 Saturday I was a zombie and hung out with the Blerch all day. If you don't know who the Blerch is Google it or check out this website http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running
I missed my long run and hardy did anything productive all day. Not my typical Saturday. 

Today has been a wonderful day! I still didn't get much rest (what else is new) but I was happy to wake up next to Nathan. I got up a little early and enjoyed some coffee and got my bike gear together. I met up with a new friend named Jenn this morning and we enjoyed a country bike ride. It was fabulous with some hills to challenge us. It was great to finally meet her in person and we look forward to more rides soon. I'm still trying to figure out my Garmin 810, so I didn't record our ride! Jenna computer said we got in a little over 27 miles. Darn! We should have rode a few more to settle my OCD and get an even 30. The weather was perfect and the traffic was little to none. 

After the ride I spent a little time with Nathan before he had to leave for work. I decided to go down to my parents and visit for the afternoon. It's so beautiful out there and peaceful. I never appreciated what I had when I lived there and always complained how far out we live (the boondocks or BFE). It was a wonderful visit. My Momma and Dad were there, my brother just got home today from his vacation, and my Aunt Karen was staying the weekend to visit. 

One of my tri peeps (Connie) called me and I sat on the front porch and talked to her for a solid half an hour or so. It really perked me up and just knowing how much my peeps think and care about me makes me so happy. Here is the view from the front porch. I think it looks like a picture from Pintrest! 
Here is the frog pond complete with Lilly pads galore. It is frog heaven and late at night they make so much noise! I couldn't help be show you the back yard as well. No filter was used and what you can't see in the picture is the sunflowers galore to the left. This is the perfect hangout spot! The Tiki hut was build by my Dad and they recently added the gazabo. Notice the watermelons sitting there... Not for long! 
 
After dinner I shared a cupcake with Momma. She threatened to smash it in my face and I told her she wouldn't do it because it would waste icing. Well she slowly are hers and waited for me to finish mine up. No sooner than I swallowed my last bite...smash!!! Chocolate cupcake in the face. At least she was being nice because it could've ended up my nose! This woman is crazy, but she's my crazy. My Aunt Karen just cracked up and kept her distance to be safe. 

Other awesomeness for today was the gift my Brother gave me. I love Peeps! I really wanted the "Peepmobil" but this will do. 

Thank you Jeremy!! I love it. 

I didn't get much (any) housework done but oh well. Thoroughly enjoying the day and being happy outweighs cleaning anyday. 

I hope this week goes smoothly. I will admit I have a little different attitude towards my current job. There's things that must change and be addressed, but for now one day at a time. 

Happy Sunday everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment