Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Can you say tacky?

This Today was another long day since my fur beasts woke me up again last night. 3:30am and wide awake. This is getting old and really making me a level above angry. I changed my mind on the window unit with door. I don't want maimed varmints brought in the house and Sir Purrs A Lot  (SPAT for short) loves me so much he would probably deliver a mouse to me in bed!! My coworker Sarah came up with this brilliant idea today. I've tried double sided tape on the bedroom door and it works so why didn't I think of this before?? Next step, if this doesn't work, will involve some wiring and 110 volts.

This is duct tape attached to the ledge and for extra sleep measures I added it to the window where I see paw prints. Yes, this is tacky (no pun intended) but I don't and won't care IF it works. 
I may wake up to a long haired black cat stuck to my window, but at least no pawing, banging, and scratching on the window hopefully. 

After work I drove uptown to Dick's Sporting Goods to buy new running shoes since the last ones didn't work out. I knew exactly what I needed and wanted, yet the sales associate was annoying me and testing my patience. Just go and grab the shoes I asked for now!!! Instead they asked lots of questions and I answered very specific. I told them this is my third pair of Brooks Glycerins and I'm happy with them...no they try to waste my time with other shoes and so on. Is it bad that I knew more about Brooks shoes than the associate? Not just my favorite pair but all of them! Finally I had to get a bit snarky and tell them if they don't have a 9.5 in the black Glycerins then please stop wasting my time. Ugh!! 

This alone is one of many reasons  why I always shop at local running stores. Pacers and Racers and Fleet Feet are my favorite stores. Why was I even there you ask? I had a score card reward, and several coupons that added up to $35 off my shoes. I didn't want to haggle my favorite store to save more, but now I think I'd rather went to my store and asked them to toss in a pair of socks to sweeten my deal and I would have been on cloud nine. Oh well! Lesson learned and in about six months when I need to replace my shoes I will know better. I also know better to replace those shoes when they're worn instead of trying to make them last. As many injuries and aches I have that's a bad idea.


 Now I've gotta make my right lower leg happy again. My friend Sara is going to probably do a "Helga" massage on my legs this Friday. A Helga massage is like a sports, deep tissue, trigger point, try not to cry or curse (which is nearly impossible) all in one massage. I prefer her "fluff 'n buff" massage where you can relax and breathe normal. I've got a few nasty knots for her to work out so I'm sure a few areas will not be pleasant. If you're looking for a great massage check out the Natural Touch Spa (Corydon, IN). 

How often do you get a massage and what kind? Do you go more often when you're training for something special? 


Time to gather up my stuff for Spin class tomorrow and pack my lunch. Have a great night and I wish everyone a restful night! 






No comments:

Post a Comment