Friday, August 21, 2015

Sleep is overrated

It's the second sleepless night in a row. Again my cats woke me up from meowing and scratching on the door. I'm pretty mad at Nathan at the moment because he should have gotten up and dealt with the furballs before I woke up past the point of return (back to sleep). I can put them out when I go to bed but at 3 am or so they're beating on the bedroom window and making even more noise to come back in. Leave them in and they make noise and want out. I seriously wish we had a cat door so they could go in and out as they please. I can deal with an opossum or other critter coming in the door with the possibility of a good nights rest. I'd like to check into a hotel tonight just so I can sleep, but I will save my money. 

After Sir Purrs A Lot carried on more and I told Nathan not to put them in a crate outside (he finally got up but way too late to help) I got the squirt bottle and chased the cat around the house. He wanted outside so I gave him several good and hard smacks to the rear and tossed him out. The house is now quiet but I felt awful. This is one of the many reasons I DO NOT WANT A BABY! I must sleep and I do not like to be disturbed. Everyone says it's different when it's a child...I still see it as sleep deprivation. Cat, dog, baby, husband...it doesn't matter. 

As I was laying in bed I felt terrible. I should have just let the cat out and been done instead of the tail whipping he got because that was a bit much for just making noise. I guess because I've had less than 5 hours of sleep over the last 2 days (not much sleep earlier this week either) and I've got to get ready for work in 40 minutes I'm stressed. So much for looking bright eyed and bushy tailed for my first day/interview. I'll have some coffee and use more makeup. 

I tried to go back to sleep but my head and chest was pounding. I tried breathing exercises to calm myself down, but that didn't help much. Instead I went outside and did hill repeats. Yes, I ran up and down my driveway I don't know how many times. It was actually nice outside . The cool weather and little humidity felt comfortable and the sky was clear and full of bright stars. I love running at night and I have no idea why I don't do it more often. I guess cause I wouldn't want to run alone in the dark. After running I did some starlight yoga as I will call it and came back in to stretch a little more. 

I was hoping to find my kitty outside but I'm sure he's in the barn next door where he usually goes when outside at night. I still feel bad for being mean to him but not for fussing at Nathan. I really don't know what to do to solve this problem. I don't want to crate my cats at night and lock them in a back room, plus I don't have room for the crates to sit around. 

It's 4:30 am and I'm going to have a bowl of Lucky Charms then get ready and leave for work. It will take me about 35 min to get there and they have a morning meeting at 7:30am. I want to be early to help ease the stress and nerves. I'm afraid I may try to doze off so I need to keep moving. Sorry for the boring blog post and please don't report me to the ASPCA or anything because Inrealky do take good care of and love my kitties! 

I feel like I should write goodnight but I guess it's good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment