Tuesday, September 1, 2015

I love rollercoasters... just not the ones in my head.

I need to stay off Facebook on Tuesday's. I see all these "Transformation Tuesday" posts and it makes me feel like a slob. More often than I care to admit I go through a spell, phase, cycle, or whatever you want to call it and self destruct slowly. What's crazy is I know it's happening, but it's like I'm locked into this ride and I can't get off until it comes to a complete stop. A rollercoaster best describes this ride. You go up, up, up then down FAST and after that it can back up again followed by another down, or you go upside down or a hard left or right. I saw a disturbing picture on (yep you guessed it) Facebook that really bothered me today as well. I couldn't read the article because the photo really got to me. It was a little girl that had a little more belly and was holding a pair of scissors in her hands like she was going to cut the fat off. There was pictures of the "ideal body" all around her. It's so sad and I can relate to this picture too. I remember reading YM, Teen, Seventeen, and other such crap when I was younger and always shaming myself because I didn't look like those girls. Looking back I missed out on so much because I was hiding myself. I wanted to be a cheerleader and run track/cross country and other school activities, but one thing that was said to me changed my course of action for both the running and cheering. I did join marching band and loved being in the colorguard so I still had a lot of fun, but I feel I let myself down. As crazy as it is I still want to go and run on the highschool track some more as long as nobody else is there except Nathan and maybe a select few friends. I keep saying I'm going to go and do speedwork there. Yeah, that's happened maybe a few times in the last 3 or 4 years. I also keep saying I'm going to workout in the morning so I don't have an excuse in the evenings. 

Lets jump off this ride for a bit and hit some highlights of the weekend! 

Friday was a peaceful day. It was SO MUCH nicer than the week before. I met up with my friend Tiffany to play with some of her Younique makeup. I was interested in the 3D lash mascara that's all the rave right now. It has fibers that you use to make your lashes huge and really pop. I will say I like it more than I expected and purchased a set. I will take some pictures so you all can see the difference next time I play with it. I enjoyed a nice lunch with my peep Connie followed by some shopping (I kept my wallet closed) and a walk around a park. It was great to just talk and chill. 

Saturday I didn't get out of bed until much later than planned because Nathan and I were up hooting with the owls until almost 2am. We both had a long run planned for the morning and finally drug ourselves to his brother's house where we run and ride from a lot. Someday we will build a house next door on our property so it will be nice to just wake up and run without having to drive 10-15 minutes. I didn't feel like running at all before we even started and was testy with Nathan. I even said something along the lines of "I don't know why I even bother trying to run this is so difficult for me and I always end up injuring something". I was ready for the run to be over with before I even started. We took off and as always Nathan zipped along way ahead of me. He's an amazing runner that can run 7 min/miles and look effortless. I was ready to quit after 1 mile, but I kept going on. 

I stopped and took this picture around mile 1.5 or so. The buzzards were circling me and I just felt like lead. I wanted to quit and just walk back. Forget this! A song from the Top Gun soundtrack started playing (it was the Top Gun Anthem) and it made me think of my why. Why do I continue to do this and keep trying? Why can't I just give up and stick to biking and whatever else. One reason is my Momma. She has called me her "Top Gun" for as long as I can remember and I'm a fighter. I know what quitting and giving up feels like, so I want to keep going and feel what it's like to finish what you started. That's one reason I LOVE RACING! I don't race against others (yes, I do pick one or two people to beat but that's all usually) I race against myself. It was a struggle the entire run that was mostly a walk. One thing good about the run was I wore shorts!! It was so much cooler too! I wear either pants or capris to run in ALWAYS...even in 100 degree temps. I tried out my Coeur tri shorts and they worked well for the run. I hate shorts because of chafing and rubbing, the way my legs look, and they ride up and I have booty shorts on...not cute. However, these stayed in place!! Here's Nathan after a hard 10 miles. Secretly I like to see him struggle some just so I know he's human. He did have his tongue hanging out at first. Hahaha. 



Saturday evening Nathan and I went to the Kentucky State Fair and hung out with Connie for awhile. We chowed down on some fair food including a deep fried Snickers. Yes, it was good. Connie didn't stay too late, but Nathan and I stayed to enjoy the free Joan Jett concert. It was good. I'm not a huge fan of her like Nathan, but I do know some songs and enjoyed it. 



Sunday we got up very early to drive an hour to cheer on my friends Ericka and Karen. They raced their first triathlon in E'town! I'm so happy and proud of these ladies. They've been training and working hard for months and it showed.Connie and I took about 250 photos between the two of us so they should have plenty of photos to remember their race along with some well earned race bling. I have a confession to make!! I actually bought a new tri kit (top and shorts) with the intent of racing this triathlon. I didn't make it happen, but I'm glad I didn't because I was able to help my friends out with their race and cheer like a crazy lady for everyone else too (especially since nobody else was cheering). 


 After the race Nathan and I gorged on some breakfast and headed home. I rushed to my friend Sara's Young Living Essential Oils party. I love YL oils and been using them for several months now, but this was my first class. It was interesting. Afterwards Sara gave me a "Hellga" massage to loosen up my aching and very tight legs. It hurt like hell (hence the name) but it was amazing how much it helped! My legs feel so much better! Monday was the first time I've got out of bed and walked around without feeling like my achilles was going to tear and slept without leg cramps. I spent the rest of the evening with Nathan and chilling. I ended up crashing early because I was exhausted. 




No comments:

Post a Comment