Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Happy and Blue

It's two days post Ironman Louisville. I love this time of the year and with Ironman moving to October makes it even better. I volunteered in transition with my pal Connie and we had a blast. I loved seeing all the athletes on the go, cheering for them, and supporting them as needed. We finished out the evening at 4th street to watch them finish strong. With the cooler temps and perfect weather the athletes looked really good overall. I got to see so many friends become an Ironman it filled my heart with joy for them. They earrned it!! 

I will admit I felt a twinge of sadness this weekend as well. I wanted to race this Ironman and came really close to doing so. I almost won the free race entry back in January after the race sold out. Part of me wishes I had registered and put in the training but another part of me held off on doing so. I know deep down this really wasn't my year for Ironman (half or full distance) but you can't help but wonder what if. The weather conditions couldn't have been more perfect overall, and my luck it will be snowing the year I do it hahaha. It has inspired me to get back to my training and keep working towards that goal of mine. I was teary eyed watching the athletes come down that finisher's chute. The athletes and volunteers were amazing. I will enjoy reading the posts about favorite signs on the course too, because the spectators make it so fun as well. 

Connie and I handing out transition bags. 

One thing I did this weekend was apply to be on Team Coeur and Betty Designs. I love their gear! I applied last year to be a "Betty" and was turned down. I'm really hoping to make team Coeur this year. THeir motto is "Heart and Courage" and I feel I live up to that motto. I won't know anything for a couple of weeks at least. Please wish me luck! 


The other awesome event I got to be a part of this weekend was the vow renewal of my friends Ericka and Karen. They made their marriage three years ago LEGAL this weekend! #LOVEWINS! It was a beautiful ceremony that was sweet and simple yet so loving and wonderful. The day after their wedding they "trashed the dress" and took photos. Here's a really cool and fun picture! My dress is still preserved in a box in my old bedroom at my parents. CONGRATS E & K!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment