Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sunday's Sunshine

What a beautiful day it is today!

Nathan and I are taking today pretty easy. It's been a really long week for us both. I was sick this week and shared the love with him. By Tuesday both of us were home sick with the chills and sniffles. That afternoon Nathan's Step Dad, Joe, unexpectedly passed away. We think it was due to a stroke since he's had some small ones lately. The visitation was Friday with the funeral Saturday morning. So many people came to see Joe and the rest of the family, it really showed how he was loved by so many.

Prior to the funeral on Saturday morning, I had a race to help with. I promised a dear friend of mine that I would be one of the race directors for the first Pink-A-Palooza 5k. I arrived around 6:30 am to get the course set up and get the awesome volunteers where they needed to be. We marked the course the night before so that saved us lots of time race morning. We had a great turnout! We had 39 runners race that morning and several that registered, but didn't show up. Everything ran pretty smooth, with only a minor glitch with the timing tracker. This was my first time putting a race together because i'm usually the one running. It definitely makes you appreciate all the work and organization that goes into these events.

Today has been pretty quiet with us just running a few errands in town. I enjoy lazy days with Nathan, watching Netflix and surfing the web. I've been working on planning my race calendar for 2016. Some of the fun races I would like to do are already SOLD OUT! WOW. The Star Wars Dark Side Challenge and Disney Princess Glass Slipper Challenge to name a couple that I was looking at.

What is on your race calendar over the next year? So many races to choose from!

No comments:

Post a Comment