Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Catch up!

Whoa! Where have I been the last month? Certainly not on here blogging. I was doing so well last month then I just got busy, distracted, overwhelmed, whatever.

In a nutshell the last month has been great. I went to Chicago with my Momma for the Women Rock Race series. That trip and race will have to be it's own post...sorry! I also travelled to Indy with Nathan for his best friends wedding. He was the (handsom) best man for the wedding so he was pretty busy that weekend. It was a fun weekend together and we even checked out a couple of Microbreweries. The Blind Owl is probably my favorite one right now! 

Other than the very short trips, I had a couple of road races and a bike ride. The Lanesville Heritage Road Race is an annual race Nathan and I run each year. I decided to run the 5 miler instead of the 8 I was registered for. I was undertrained and didn't want to risk an injury the week before my Chicago race. The 5 miler felt great and I tried out my new shoes...yes I knopw better than trying something new on race day, but this time it worked out for the better.  The Harvest Homecoming ride was beautiful. It was  the first time I've done this ride when it was DRY! What a beautiful view and the hills...phew. Only one hill kicked my arse and I had to walk the Stealth Bomber up it, but I may have made it if I had more room to gain momentum. It got pretty congested with other riders on these hills. We'll go with that! 

I'm thankful I am busy and able to go and do the things I love with the people I love. I'm home sick today so I thought I would try to upate this blog some. I hate being sick and get kinda...okay really... grouchy when I don't feel good. I was thinking on my way home that I'm grateful my sickness will pass soon and all will be well again. I know many people that are ill and in poor health that don't have the great outloook that I'm lucky to have. Instead of being jelly (jealous) that Nathan is outside running right now in this beautiful weather, I will be happy I can rest and heal my body. 

Here's a picture from my race with some bling.

Nathan and I at the wedding. 

The tough hills certainly made for an awesome view and photo op at the top.

 Twinning! This is my Momma and NOT a sister. This was after I finished the 10k and was getting ready to run the 5k  with my Momma. It was her first race!! By the way she is wearing ALL my runnning gear except her shoes and under garments. I ended up givinging her this outfit. 






No comments:

Post a Comment